SARA Information

Online and Distance Students from outside of Mississippi

As a member of NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements), William Carey University is authorized to offer online classes and programs to students from other states that are SARA members. You may apply to online programs at William Carey University if you live in a SARA state.

Each state is different and is subject to change. As a William Carey prospective student, you are responsible for knowing the licensure requirements in your state of residence. If you change your state of residence, you are responsible for knowing if your program is approved in your new state.

Complaint Resolution

William Carey University encourages you to resolve issues or complaints using the William Carey Policy on Student Complaints.  If you feel you have exhausted the Carey complaint procedures and are still not satisfied, you may contact the agency in your state of residence.  A list of agencies is provided here at the SHEEO State Authorization Survey.

Professional Licensure

William Carey does not guarantee that the programs that satisfy licensure in Mississippi will meet the standards for licensure in other states or territories.  If the field you are studying requires professional licensure, you must be aware of the license requirements in the state in which you plan to work.  Professional fields such as education and nursing require licensure and the licensing requirements vary in each state.  Before beginning any academic program that leads to licensure, refer to the appropriate licensing agency.  Currently the programs that require licensure are:

It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the degree you earn will meet the requirements for licensure in the state in which you plan to work before you apply and begin the program.  For more information, contact the department chair for specific program requirements.

See Sara States and Institutions HERE.

Non SARA states

William Carey University does not operate in any non-SARA state or offer classes to students from the following non-SARA states.



Additional Resources

Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement

Directory of State Authorization Agencies and Lead Contacts

State Higher Education Executive Officers Association – State Authorization Surveys