High School Dual Credit
William Carey University offers a cooperative program in area high schools whereby specific courses may be offered for college credit in addition to high school credit. Approval of courses for college credit is based on criteria including teacher qualifications, curriculum, and instructional methods. Admission as a dual credit student is only available to qualifying students at cooperating high schools.
- Attendance at a participating high school
- Student must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950
- Must receive approval from high school counselor or administrator
- Students wishing to take College Algebra (MAT 131) or Trigonometry (MAT 142) must have ACT subscores of20 or higher; Pre-Calculus (MAT 150) must have ACT subscores of 25 or higher; Calculus with Analytic Geometry (MAT 151) must have ACT sub scores of 26.
- A high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores must accompany your registration form.
Tuition and Fees
- A one-time $40.00 application fee
- The tuition rate is $35.00 per hour (Ex., 3 hour course: $105.00 + $40.00 app fee = $145.00)
List of Courses Currently Offered for HS Dual Credit by William Carey
- BIO 1010- General Biology
- CHE 1 0 1 0 - General Chemistry I
- ENG 1010- English Composition
- HIS 2010- U.S. History to 1865
- HIS 2020- U.S. History Since 1865
- MAT 1310 - College Algebra
- MAT 1320 - College Trigonometry
- MUS 1010- Music Appreciation
- PHY 1 01 0 - General Physics
- PSY 2010- General Psychology
- SPA 1010 - Elementary Spanish
If a high school would like to offer other classes for dual credit, the Office of Academic Affairs is willing to consider such a request.
- Master's degree or higher in the subject area
- If one's master's degree is in another area, he/she must have at least 18 graduate hours in the field he/she wishes to teach
William Carey University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges & Schools (SACS). As such, William Carey must document for SACS that all instructors meet the following teacher qualification standard. Once the instructor is selected by the participating high school, William Carey will need the following:
- The proposed instructor's official transcript showing the degree awarded
- A current resume' showing teaching experience.