School of Education accepting applications for Educational Leadership program
Deadline to apply: May 1
The William Carey University School of Education is now accepting applications for the next class of students enrolling in the Educational Leadership program. Students completing the program may earn a Master of Education or an Education Specialist degree.
This program meets the requirements for applying for a K-12 administrator’s license upon successful completion of coursework, clinical practice, and a passing score on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment exam. The program is 36 hours and may be completed in five trimesters or 15 months, which includes 500 hours of documented activities in clinical practice.
This is a hybrid program with the majority of classes offered online to meet the scheduling needs of working professionals. Face-to-face classes meet one Saturday a month each trimester.
Completed applications must be submitted by May 1. Classes begin June 10.
Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Official transcripts will be required as part of the application process.
Program requirements include:
- A valid teaching license or a completed waiver of licensure form,
- A GPA of 3.0 for the last 64 hours in the undergraduate program or 3.25 in a graduate program,
- Two reference forms from present or previous administrators who supervised applicant’s work,
- Documentation certifying a minimum of three years teaching experience,
- A scholarly narrative of 1-2 pages of the applicant’s personal philosophy of educational leadership.
Each applicant must submit an online application to William Carey University Graduate School and pay the required application fee. The application is available at www.wmcarey.edu/admissions.
For more information, contact Dr. Liesa Weaver at (601) 318-6626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org