I completed my undergraduate degree with a major in Finance at William Carey University. As a native New Zealander I chose to study in the U.S. for the unique and exciting opportunity to excel in both academics and athletics.
My four years as a student athlete at William Carey were highly memorable. The traditional campus setting provided the backdrop for developing lasting fellowships with an internationally diverse group of students.
The quality of the curriculum and the pragmatic faculty provided a challenging and stimulating environment for learning. With a balance of theory and practice the course work helped prepare me for real-world business environments and equipped me with the confidence to shine.
Post-graduation has been marked with success both on and off the athletics field. After being selected to represent New Zealand in soccer I went on to play in the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Following my soccer career my academic background coupled with professional experience has provided the perfect balance to develop my skillset as a Project Manager implementing corporate performance management solutions.
William Carey University is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to enroll non-immigrant alien students. International transfer students who wish to be admitted to William Carey University must meet all requirements listed below.
- Application for undergraduate admission - Application for admission may be downloaded from the Carey website. Applications may also be requested by mail through the Office of International Admissions on the Hattiesburg campus.
- US$40.00, non-refundable, application fee - This one-time fee, which allows for your application to be processed, should be mailed via U.S. check or money order to the Office of International Admissions at 498 Tuscan Avenue, WCU Box 13, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401.
- Official college/university transcript(s) - Academic record(s) from each college/university attended must be provided. Be advised that transcript(s) from foreign institution(s) of higher learning must be submitted to one of two foreign credential evaluation agencies for review before being officially accepted by William Carey University:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores - Students who are not from nations where English is considered the official or second language are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language System (IELTS). A minimum score of 523 is required on the paper-based TOEFL; a minimum score of 193 on the computer-based TOEFL; or a minimum score of 70 on the internet-based TOEFL. Students who wish to take the IELTS must meet the minimum requirement score of 5.5.
- Certification of finances - A complete proof of financial support for the duration of your stay in the United States is required. This document may be downloaded from the Carey website and must be submitted accompanied by an official bank letter, not bank statement, acknowledging the yearly amount, in U.S. funds, available to be used towards your studies at William Carey University.
- Proof of immunizations - William Carey University requires one (01) immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) in the past ten (10) years or two (02) such immunizations in a lifetime. Proof must be submitted in English and must provide exact date(s) of when the administered immunization(s) occurred.
- US$500.00 advance tuition - This advance covers your housing deposit (US$150.00 - US$200.00) and any other initial or miscellaneous expenses associated to your first academic term at William Carey University.
Currently, the estimated cost of attending William Carey University ranges right around US$18,000 per academic year. Students who receive scholarships are responsible for the balance of their cost of attendance once his/her designated scholarship amount is posted.
If the international student resides on campus, housing and meals will be provided during scheduled breaks and holidays throughout the academic year for an additional charge.
Copies of original documents may be faxed or mailed to the Office of International Admissions.
PLEASE NOTE: International students are eligible to apply for campus work study after one full year of attendance at WCU. Work study employment will depend upon positions available and funding.
Questions or concerns should be directed to the Director of International Admissions on the Hattiesburg campus; 601-318-6564, 800-962-5991 (toll free), or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor of Business Administration 2004