William Carey University believes in staying connected to its alumni. The university has launched an alumni data verification project, with a goal of publishing an updated alumni directory.
To make this a success, the Office of Alumni Relations is partnering with a nationally recognized publishing firm, Publishing Concepts, to help reach out to alumni near and far.
Frequently Asked Questions by Alumni
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with William Carey University. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years.
This project allows William Carey University to receive important updates to our database so we can better serve our alumni.
- Does William Carey University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue (if applicable) – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
- I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
- If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the William Carey University project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
- If you received an email with an embedded link, simply click the link to go to the online site to review your information.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated William Carey University update line at TBD.
- Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the Alumni Association directly.
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The William Carey University Alumni Directory is available for sale only to William Carey University alumni.
- When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in October 2020, the directories will be distributed in October 2021.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take care of this for you.
More to Explore