William Carey University School of Education provides continuing education for Mississippi education professionals in response to the needs of districts, schools, and classrooms. Continuing Education enables us to be a part of the solution to the challenges educators face through our academic programming and continuing education partnerships.
Download the CEU Application here.
One CEU is granted for ten contact hours of professional development training. CEU credit cannot be issued for any professional development training less than five contact hours.
CEU Replacements are available if CEUs were issued within the last 5 years.
Please follow these instructions for CEU certificate replacement:
Complete this form.
If we are able to fulfill your request, we will email you with instructions on how to send in your $15 replacement fee.
Allow 4-6 weeks for your us to process your replacement certificate.
Master In-Service Program
The WCU Master In-Service Program is a Continuing Education OUTREACH program designed to assist school districts with helping teachers earn CEUs to renew their teaching licenses through quality professional development facilitated by school personnel for a school’s faculty within the district or on school-site. Enrollment allows you to submit professional development conducted within your schools and/or district for CEU credit contingent upon MDE guidelines and qualifications. Membership dues to the program are $300 per school and are paid annually from July 1st to June 30th of each calendar year. Special discounts are given to schools whose district is a member of the Program for Research and Evaluation of Public Schools (PREPS). For more information regarding CEU, SEMI, and OSL credits, please email email@example.com or call Christina Liverett at 601-318-6609.
Master In-Service Forms
Worksheet Submission Form
Continuing Education for Teachers
The following online courses are approved for CEU credit:
- Infobase provides continuous and in-depth resources to support ongoing learning to meet the professional development requirements redefined by ESSA. These courses are designed to ensure teachers are prepared and empowered to reach every student effectively. WCU has approved Infobase PD for CEU credit. https://www.infobase.com/products/for-professional-development
- Students With Disabilities (SWD) The five-module online SWD workshop has been organized by William Carey faculty to provide educators working with Special Education and Student with Disabilities. www.swdceu.com
- Renaissance Learning Teachers may complete Renaissance Learning (RL) online courses through their school access. There they will find description of the online courses available. William Carey University will process CEUs for successful completion of RL online courses. https://www.renaissance.com/2016/10/21/assessment-renaissance-u-course/
- Submit a Renaissance Request with this form
- eCRED - Online CEU professional development - Each course earns 2.4 CEUs. We are proud to announce that all credits are granted and certified by William Carey University. There is a $25.00 charge for each CEU certificate.
School administrators in the state of Mississippi must earn OSLs as entry level administrators and SEMIs for career level administrators. WCU can help your school or organization apply for SEMI and OSL approval from the Mississippi Department of Education. Workshops and trainings must be at least 12.5 contact hours to apply. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All payments and information sent through ground mail should be mailed to the following address. (Any other address will delay processing.)
William Carey University
School of Education – CEUs
710 William Carey Parkway
WCU Box 164
Hattiesburg, MS 39401