The William Carey School of Education serves to prepare confident, caring, and reflective educators within a Christian environment, from a liberal arts curriculum for both pre-service educators as well as advanced preparation for in-service educators.
- Lawfully employed as a Teaching Assistant in an accredited Mississippi public school system
- Fully admitted to William Carey University
- Incoming transfer students must enter with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above.
- Meet academic proficiency requirements for admission to the WCU Teacher Education Program:
- ACT composite score of at least 21 OR
- Earn qualifying scores on the PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators OR
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on 60 hours of specified coursework
- Must maintain a 2.75 while enrolled at WCU.
NOTE: All field experience hours for EDR and EDU classes will have to be completed in a K-6 general education classroom with a qualified certified teacher. Prior to Residency I, you will need to be placed in a general education K-6 classroom with a qualified certified teacher to complete Residency I and Residency II requirements.
- Carefully read the Tuition Scholarship University Policy.
- Complete the Teaching Assistant Scholarship Application.
- Complete the Employment Verification Form and get your principal’s signature.
- Carefully read the Service Agreement and sign it in front of a Notary Public.
- Submit application and required form to the School of Education Office at least 2 weeks prior to the start of classes.
- Complete the registration process following school policy and procedures.
- Undergraduate-level EDR and EDU courses will be covered under the tuition waiver as per the following:
- Students who are enrolled full-time (3 classes – 9 hours) will receive $3,000 toward the trimester’s tuition.
For more information, please contact:
More to Explore