Are you thinking about changing careers by becoming a nurse? Do you already have a bachelor's degree in another field? Carey’s 2nd Degree Hybrid BSN program allows students with a bachelor’s degree to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing that will prepare them to become registered nurses with enhanced critical thinking and assessment training—all in a convenient hybrid learning format. Upon completion of this program, you will be qualified to begin working as a Registered Nurse upon graduating from the program AND successfully passing the NCLEX-RN.
2nd Degree BSN students have the option to adjust their plan of study between full-time and part-time as needed each term to enable them to balance their academic, work, and family responsibilities.
Full-time plan of study (if maintained for the duration of the program) is 6 trimesters (18 months).
Part-time plan of study (if maintained for the duration of the program) is 10 trimesters (30 months).
The hybrid program option is designed to allow completion of the BSN degree while balancing work, life, and educational goals. Theory courses are taught using asynchronous online lectures and assignments. Alternate geographical in-person clinical sites possible (based on student enrollment).
Applicant Prerequisites & Requirements
Prospective Students must meet the following admission criteria:
2nd Degree Hybrid BSN Fact Sheet
- A bachelor’s degree, in any field, from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on the courses that count toward the BSN degree (including repeated courses)
- Any student with two failures (D or F) in the same or a combination of science courses is not eligible for admission unless they meet the minimum required score on the ATI TEAS examination (see pre-licensure BSN admission information) and score at or above the BSN program mean on the science subscore of the ATI TEAS exam. This rule pertains to BIO 234, BIO 235, BIO 260, CHE 101, and HEA 240.
- Students must complete all prerequisite courses and all but nine hours of university core requirements prior to entering the nursing program.
- Pre-admission tests are not required.
Graduates will be qualified to begin working as Registered Nurses upon graduating from the program AND successfully passing the NCLEX-RN.
Set Yourself Apart
The 2nd Degree Hybrid BSN program allows you to pursue a career change to the field of nursing in a convenient hybrid learning format. Special 2nd Degree scholarships are also available to qualified students.